LIFESTYLE: Top Five Chicago Photo Ops for Christmas Cards
Introducing a guest post by up-and-coming mom blogger, Jen (@KeepCalmandMom on Twitter!) Jen is sharing some great ideas for holiday card photo opportunities around Chicago, as well as some great links! Welcome, Jen!
Chicago is toured by many and is said to be one of the most interesting cities in the country. It offers an amazing number of tourist attractions that offer photo opportunities as a backdrop for holiday greeting cards. There are far too many to all get the mention that they deserve. Here are five that you can surely find inspiring.
· Crown Fountain – the unusual fresco style art makes a remarkable backdrop. Who would not want a giant pair of lips drinking from a straw on their holiday card? The moving faces will wink at you from above as you try to pose people for a picture.
· Navy Pier at Night – Probably the most famous view in the Windy City, the pier is a mesmerizing display of lights that reflect off of the lake at night. It offers opportunities to be creative with shutter speeds, filters and exposures for special effects.
· Wrigley Field – The famous home of the beloved Cubs, the classic red and white signage is already donned in Christmas colors to coordinate with your holiday attire.
· Hancock Tower View – The view from the 103rd floor is a panorama of the entire city. It is a must see for anyone visiting Chi Town and offers an awesome backdrop for a holiday photo shoot.
· Cloud Gate – No trip to Chicago would be complete without a trip to “The Bean,” a giant shiny chrome sculpture so called for its shape. Try to be creative instead of posing in front. Use its distorted reflectivity to create a carnival mirror effect when taking photos.
There are many others such as the Chicago Cultural Center. There is no telling what fantastic opportunity may appear in this venue for the perfect shot. Also, a visit to see Marilyn Monroe should be on your list. Erected only last year, this giant likeness of Marilyn and her famous wind lifted skirt from, Gentleman Prefer Blondes has become a huge attraction.
It would take a volume, not a blog post to remark about all the notable and interesting sites in Chicago. Only a handful has been mentioned but so many more exist. The best advice that can be given herd is to take a long weekend and come see for yourself. Be ready to take a lot of pictures for your holiday cards for the upcoming season. Once you do the rest is easy. Online sites like TinyPrints.com offer a wide array of Christmas card designs, just choose your card design and the rest will be done for you. I will be traveling to Chicago in November and cannot wait to find the perfect spot for my holiday cards! You can also visit ExploreChicago for more ideas and things to do in Chicago.
Jen L. is a freelance writer and aspiring blogger. She enjoys writing about parenting, cooking (especially cupcakes!) and crafting. Jen is happily married to her college sweetheart and a mother to two beautiful little girls. If Jen's not at home, you can find her at Whole Foods! Follow Jen on Twitter @KeepCalmandMom